Sunday, December 7, 2008

Countdown Continues...

3) I get the opportunity to teach Presidents of the Church in Sunday School next year. We have had great lessons this year on preparing for exaltation and the steps we need to take on a daily basis to return and live with our Heavenly Father. What a great blessing and what great discussions we have had. The prophets of the Lord are such great men and positive examples in our lives - getting to spend a year studying their lives will be a great blessing.
4) We are going to get a project finished at home... I don't know what project it is going to be since we have so many started, but we will get one done (or maybe more than one).
5) I am going to take time to actually finish reading the books we choose to read for book club...
6) I am going to get back into the habit of regular scripture study. When I am in that habit in my life, it adds such a great peace, I need to remember that and stick with it!
7) I am going to make time for me every day (okay, well maybe not every day, but even once a week is an improvement).
8) We have season tickets to the Hale Theatre for 2009. They have some great shows coming and we get to go as a family to see "Beauty and the Beast" and "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" (among others)... I can't wait until January!
9) We also are going to see "The Lion King" and "Wicked" at Gammage. Through the Mesa Chamber, we got discount tickets. "Wicked" tickets aren't even on sale to the general public yet and we already have ours!!! Carol saw it in London so she can't wait to see it again.
10) I get to participate this week with the Chamber in wrapping gifts for a family from Save the Family. I love this annual project and the associations I have through Women's Business Council.
11) We are thoroughly enjoying the Christmas movies - the problem we run into is not getting them recorded off fast enough and running out of space on the DVR.
12) I am looking forward to finding some order in my life... filling my vessel with the spirit of organization... I used to feelk much more in control - I would like to head back in that direction.
13) I am looking forward to a Christmas that focuses on the spirit of Christ and his life - the example He set for us to follow, the peace we can have each day because of the life He lived.
HALFWAY THERE...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Seriously- I am totally jealous of your wicked tickets!!!!

All sounds good. Wanna plan my year too?

Michelle

Troop 220 said...

Great list!! I, too, am jealous of the wicked tickets. I would sure love to see it. I hope we can all feel His spirit this season. With five little ones it is often hard to feel anything at all except exahaustion. :)