Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Year!!

It is unbelievable that as yesterday came and went, one year has passed since Dad passed away. The time has flown by and in many ways it seems like just yesterday that he was with us. I can't even begin to count the number of times this year I have thought "I need to tell Dad..." before I reminded myself that he already knows.

When my days are falling apart around me, he has been there so many times to pick up the pieces. BYU Football season wasn't quite the same without him. Our source for the answers to those thought-provoking questions has not been a phone call away. We do know where to go, however, to make an effort to connect our thoughts with his and receive his ever present words of advice. Fortunately his grave marker is not too hard to find.

It has been a year. It has flown by and I am sure the next one will as well. He taught me many things in my life and wanted the best and more. One of his favorite things to tell us was "It's good for your experience" so I guess my experiences are mounting to the heavens. I was reminded during my weekend funk that I need to make him proud so I guess I need to figure out how to get my act together so that I can do that.

In any case, he was one of the best people I will ever know and I am glad to know that families are forever. I love you Dad!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Kari

He is an amazing man, true. I know you miss him tons. That place in your heart that he filled will be whole again when you are reunited. Honor his memory and his legacy until then. I love you!

Troop 220 said...

Kari,
Time does fly, but you know you will see him again. I think it's great that we have that knowledge. I love his saying that it is good for our experience.
Love,
Stacey