Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Family Affair

We have been participating in what will probably be a once in a lifetime experience. Since Carol is attending CGCC, we decided we would participate as a family in their Community Band. For Carol that is a piece of cake, Duane is doing fairly well, and I re-learn a few notes each week.

The first concert was on November 4. I could play most of the music and only had to fake it part of the time. It has been fun playing next to Carol and having her tell me "You're doing great Mom", but last week I told Randy Wright, the band director that I was not going to be able to play any longer. The problems I am having with my shoulders make it difficult for me to hold my clarinet for extended periods of time. On top of that, I can't learn to play the Christmas music before the concert.

Because of the schedule and the fact that it is more than a 10-minute drive, I had talked Duane and Carol into participating in the Mesa City Band starting in January. My abilities prevent me from continuing with them, but it has been fun. Mesa City Band will be a much better option in the long run.

No comments: